Summer Masquerade July 10, 2010

On July 10, 2010, Piper's Opera House in Virginia City held a Masquerade as a fund raiser. My husband and I made coordinating masks for the event. I wore my Regency gown I made last year. It was very freeing to dance in a dress without a hoop or bustle.


My husband and I



Lady Carolyn fixing her husband - uh, I mean her husband's doublet.



Lady Carolyn (who happens to be my mom) and my step-dad.



A guest



Deep conversation - but I just love the trio in the background



More party-goers. These just happen to be my brother and sister-in-law.



Waltzing



The masks did not stay on some people for very long



Beautiful ladies watching the goings-on down in the lobby



Contemplating...sore feet?



All time periods were welcome at the masquerade



Old-timey gangsta :)



Taking a break to rest our feet



Back in the dancing



Costume contest



Lovely ladies of the ball



Last dance of the evening

No comments: